Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2014/07/15 09:15:29 UTC

Werner, please fix the browsermap tree - and a warning about your svn access rights

Hi Werner,

I am writing this in my role as an incubation mentor here, and I would
appreciate more action than talk on your part in response.

In the "can we stop the wild commits RIGHT NOW please?" thread, Radu
has politely asked you to revert your recent changes to [1], with
clear information about what to do. He also pointed to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-6220 which explains why
the r1543048 structure is needed for now.

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
> *TL;DR: *- Werner, please revert your changes touching
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/devicemap/trunk/browsermap/ to the
> state from r1543048.
..

There's no point in arguing around fixing what you broke - fix it
first, by reverting /browsermap in trunk to r1543048 as kindly
requested by Radu, and if there's room for improvement we can discuss
that once you have cleaned up. Fixing that shouldn't take more than an
svn move and an svn copy command BTW, so bandwidth is not an excuse.

I am ready to use my authority as an incubation mentor and temporarily
suspend your svn commit rights if I see more stray commits like
http://svn.apache.org/r1610417 and the many other similar ones from
the last few days. Especially if you keep on arguing instead of
cleaning up - this is just wasting our collective time.

-Bertrand

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/devicemap/trunk/browsermap/

Re: Werner, please fix the browsermap tree - and a warning about your svn access rights

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
That's how I undid the mess (as Radu also said it was) in the first place,
but at least on Windows you can't just switch to another copy and Windows
(not even the fastest connection) is all there is here.

I pulled the entire revision and recommitted everything. There could be a
few more files now, please ignore them, the ones Radu needs are there, and
I assume he can name those more understandable in future than /trunk/trunk

Werner

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 9:42 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
I have to check out the entire trunk to see,  if it can be done. Will let
you know in this thread in the absense of a proper ticket.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
It would be great to properly assign tasks to the right Person.

Maybe not a mentor's job to fix this, but neither Eberhard nor myself
(don't know about Radu, but that being unassigned likely means he also
can't) have rights to take ownership of a task or "components" (which there
are none in DeviceMap, see long dormant parts like this BrowserMap it would
have been overdue for ages;-)

Can you fix this Please or tell us where to file a Jira bug?

Thanks,
Werner