Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ravi Krishnamurthy <ra...@savvion.com> on 2005/07/02 18:12:59 UTC

dynamic invocation and parameters

Hello:
There are 3 modes for a parameter in a webservice operation -
ParameterMode.IN, ParameterMode.OUT, ParameterMode.INOUT in addition to
the return parameter.

Can get the parameter list from the BindingEntry as below:

Parameters parameters = (Parameters) bEntry.getParameters().get(oper);

Since the webservice that needs to be invoked can be off simple as well
as complex types, I guess I need to do call.addParameter is necessary.

Question:
1. When the call.addParameter is done, does the parameter sequence
matters. Should I add IN, INOUT and OUT parameters in that order?
2. when the instruction call.invoke(object[]) is called, does the values
passed need to be in the same sequence as the input and inout parameters.
3. Does a webservice call will have both return value and outputValues (
call.invoke and call.getOutputValues)

Is there an example I can look into.

I'm little bit confused and would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Ravi