Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/02 10:29:40 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1810316 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod: mod_proxy.html.en mod_proxy.xml

Hi Jean-Frédéric,

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 11:18 AM,  <jf...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jfclere
> Date: Mon Oct  2 09:18:50 2017
> New Revision: 1810316

> Log:
> Add a warning for host starting with a letter.
> Fix for PR 61540.

It's not exactly the host that must start with a letter, but the TLD.
For instance, "127.x34" is a valid host, but indeed "127" isn't (as a sole TLD).

Regards,
Yann.

Re: svn commit: r1810316 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod: mod_proxy.html.en mod_proxy.xml

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
On 10/02/2017 12:40 PM, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:29 PM, Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 11:18 AM,  <jf...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Author: jfclere
>>> Date: Mon Oct  2 09:18:50 2017
>>> New Revision: 1810316

>>> Log:
>>> Add a warning for host starting with a letter.
>>> Fix for PR 61540.
>>
>> It's not exactly the host that must start with a letter, but the TLD.
>> For instance, "127.x34" is a valid host, but indeed "127" isn't (as a sole TLD).
>
> Nevermind, I forgot the discussion we had (linked in the PR).
> The consensus was to document the current behaviour only, so be it ;)

Actually it is not starting with a letter that is the problem, it needs
to be a valid IP or a host/balancer name that contains at least a
letter... and if a balancer name it can't contain a ':'

Any proposal for a better wording?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Posted by Yann Ylavic <yl...@gmail.com>.