Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Bernard Ong - Optimum <be...@entense.com> on 2003/07/20 02:29:47 UTC

Link Livesites: www.globalcrossing.com

Global Crossing's www.globalcrossing.com site is based on Cocoon 1.8.

I was the original technology manager to have spearheaded the creation of this site's infrastructure and code base on Cocoon and to this very day, though I am not affiliated with the company anymore, the site's underlying technology lives on.

The site design artifacts have changed on numerous occasions but the basic foundation and code framework based on Cocoon remains as strong as the first day it's been created. The code base has been leveraged to also create multi-lingual sites, a strong proof that global site instantiations can easily be achieved through Cocoon if done right.

It was a great project that I am very proud of, a good testament to using the right technology to leverage what Cocoon has to offer.

Best regards,
Bernard Ong

Re: Link Livesites: www.globalcrossing.com

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
I was impressed: such a big company using Cocoon for its website and we
don't have it on the list! Fixed that (though it's not updated on the
website yet).

May I ask if you used Cocoon again for any other project?

Joerg