Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com> on 2014/08/14 08:46:05 UTC

[DISCUSSION] Changes to server.xml to support tomcat7

Hi all,

 I was using tomcat7 in my dev setup and on the latest master I am not able to start the management server due to the following class(es) which we used in "server-*.xm.in" is/are removed from tomcat7 onwards.

1. <Listener className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener" />
 2. <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve" directory="logs"
               prefix="access_log." suffix=".txt" pattern="common" resolveHosts="false”/>

For the 2nd one we can replace with “org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve” but for the 1st there is no alternate and they say it is not needed due to the refactor they have done to  Lifecycle code. (http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/changelog.html)

I do not see any issues to comment out the 1st section.

Anybody else see any issues if we comment out the 1st section above with respect to "tomcat6/tomcat7"?

Thanks
Damoder/

Re: [DISCUSSION] Changes to server.xml to support tomcat7

Posted by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com>.
The fact I used tocat7 is to support RHEL7 for cloudstack and RHEL7 has support for tomcat7 so started using tomcat7..

Posted by Carlos Reategui <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Damoder Reddy <Da...@citrix.com>.
On 14-Aug-2014, at 1:57 pm, Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org> wrote:

>> Anybody else see any issues if we comment out the 1st section above with
>> respect to "tomcat6/tomcat7"?
>>

> once we move to tomcat7, this file would no longer be relevant for tomcat6
> right?

Yes that is correct..

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org>.