Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de> on 2008/05/15 15:22:57 UTC

[maven-release-plugin] How to disable repository deployment for release:perform?

Hello everyone,

I am using the release plugin just locally. When I do a release:perform,
I expect the artifacts just to be deployed to the local repository, like
install does.

Unfortunately, everytime I get an error message:

Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.3
check that the following section of the pom.xml is present and correct:
<distributionManagement>
<repository>
[...]

I don't have a repository and I have no real need for one.

How can I disable that external repository deployment?

Regards,

Andreas

Re: [maven-release-plugin] How to disable repository deployment for release:perform?

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
You need to configure the release plugin to use different goals during
release:perform.

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#goals

Try this configuration

         <configuration>
           <goals>install</goals>
         </configuration>

The default value is either "deploy" or "deploy site-deploy", if the
project has a <distributionManagement>/<site> element.

Andreas Schildbach wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using the release plugin just locally. When I do a release:perform,
> I expect the artifacts just to be deployed to the local repository, like
> install does.
>
> Unfortunately, everytime I get an error message:
>
> Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.3
> check that the following section of the pom.xml is present and correct:
> <distributionManagement>
> <repository>
> [...]
>
> I don't have a repository and I have no real need for one.
>
> How can I disable that external repository deployment?
>
> Regards,
>
> Andreas

Dennis Lundberg