Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com> on 2009/08/30 14:38:51 UTC

move ofbiz website within ofbiz

Community?

It is for me pretty easy to move the current ofbiz.apache.org website
within OFBiz and replace the current http://demo.ofbiz.org/ofbiz/ site.

If we would reroute the ofbiz.apache.org site to the site on the
demoserver, then finally ofbiz website is served by the ofbiz system.

Maintaining the site would be much easier, just an svn update and the
next day the site is updated.

The second advantage would be that replacing confluence by the content
component would be easier too....

Tim, since you are sponsoring this, what do think about this move?

Regards,
Hans

--
Antwebsystems.com: Quality OFBiz services for competitive rates

Re: move ofbiz website within ofbiz

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
They recently upgraded to a newer version :(

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.
From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>
> It's a slow process - Gavin's got the builds and the archives working
> already - which is awesome - and we're looking into upgrading our
> confluence on the box at contegix to facilitate a move to apache as
> well.

I thought Apache had an older version of Confluence ?

>He's working on the nightly demos a the moment, but I don't
> think there's much we can do to push it along at this point, but
> please let him know on that JIRA task (1877 I think, but I could be
> wrong) - if you've got some cycles to spend on it.

ASAS I will recover my ASDL connection I will

Thanks for the info Tim!

Jacques

> Cheers,
> Tim
> --
> Tim Ruppert
> HotWax Media
> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>
> o:801.649.6594
> f:801.649.6595
>
> On Aug 30, 2009, at 9:02 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
>
>> I will be happy to help to as soon as I will recover my slammed ADSL
>> connection, should be next week
>>
>> Jacques
>>
>> From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>
>>> I'm down with it, but please note that i've been working
>>> diligently  with Gavin at the ASF because they're making
>>> accommodations for us to  have everything on ASF hardware shortly.
>>> I would vote to wait and  move it once it's totally under the
>>> control of the ASF if that's  possible, so we don't get in any
>>> "trouble" for moving the main  contents of the main ASF site off.
>>> My two cents.
>>> That being said, I'll be more than happy to help get it going.
>>> Cheers,
>>> Tim
>>> --
>>> Tim Ruppert
>>> HotWax Media
>>> http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
>>> o:801.649.6594

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It's a slow process - Gavin's got the builds and the archives working
already - which is awesome - and we're looking into upgrading our
confluence on the box at contegix to facilitate a move to apache as
well.  He's working on the nightly demos a the moment, but I don't

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@free.fr>.

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
sounds pretty reasonable to wait until the demo version is working on
Apache infra. Any date known? Can I help?

Regards,
Hans

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.