Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by DM <do...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2007/03/07 23:35:46 UTC

Installing Apache Portable Runtime on Linux

Hi,

I'm tring to install the Apache Portable Runtime on Linux as per the instructions here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

When I run configure I get the following output

[root@bromont native]# ./configure
checking for working mkdir -p... yes
Tomcat Native Version: 1.1.8
checking for chosen layout... tcnative
checking for APR... no
configure: error: APR could not be located. Please use the --with-apr option.

I think the problem might be that I have version 0.9.4 of the apr-devel package installed, because the installation instructions seem to indicate that I need version 1.2+. I tried finding a more up-to-date version of this package for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (the system I'm using), but failed.

Can someone tell me whether it is the version of the apr-devel package that is causing the install to fail, and if so, where I might get a more up-to-date version?

Many Thanks,
DM

Re: Installing Apache Portable Runtime on Linux

Posted by Orlando Reis <re...@gmail.com>.
Download the latest apache source.

APR compiling
 # Build and install apr 1.2
cd srclib/apr
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-httpd/
make
make install

# Build and install apr-util 1.2
cd ../apr-util
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apr-util-httpd/
--with-apr=/usr/local/apr-httpd/
make
make install
Then