Posted to user@spark.apache.org by klrmowse <kl...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/05 14:51:51 UTC

Broadcast variable size limit?

is it currently still ~2GB (Integer.MAX_VALUE) ??

or am i misinformed, since that's what google-search and scouring this
mailing list seem to say... ?

Thanks

Re: Broadcast variable size limit?

Posted by Vadim Semenov <va...@datadoghq.com>.
That’s the max size of a byte array in Java, limited by the length which is
defined as integer, and in most JVMS arrays can’t hold more than
Int.MaxValue - 8 elements. Other way to overcome this is to create multiple
broadcast variables

On Sunday, August 5, 2018, klrmowse <kl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> i don't need more, per se... i just need to watch the size of the variable;
> then, if it's within the size limit, go ahead and broadcast it; if not,
> then
> i won't broadcast...
>
> so, that would be a yes then? (2 GB, or which is it exactly?)

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Broadcast variable size limit?

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
I think if you need more then you should anyway think about something different than broadcast variable ...