Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2013/06/18 03:48:49 UTC

Release Masters?

Idea here would be to label someone as the "Release Master" for each
release. Responsibilities would include:

- Creating branches
- Managing release bugs
- Nagging people responsible for unfinished release items
- Creating the final release .zip and uploading it
- Announcing the release
- Ensuring that the release process wiki page is up-to-date

I think this would help make sure releases happen quicker and that release
tasks are not overlooked. It will also help with knowledge sharing I think.

Re: Release Masters?

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Great! Yes, I think it works well to have the parent bug should be assigned
to the release master.

I don't think anyone's been trying to base releases on features (aside from
3.0). Our releases have been slow due to the time it takes to test, and the
time it takes to go through all of the release steps for all of the
platforms.

Re: Release Masters?

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Ideally, all release steps are documented on the Wiki, and all progress
made during a release is reported in the release JIRA issues. So, I think
you'd get most of the way there by monitoring the issues & commits & read
the wiki. If there's anything you're in doubt about, then there's a good
chance you're not alone and an email to the list would be great :)

Re: Release Masters?

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: Release Masters?

Posted by James Jong <wj...@gmail.com>.
Sure thing.  I'll use 2.9 as a dry run for me.  FYI, I updated the broken links in the checklist that were pointing to incubator.
-James Jong

Re: Release Masters?

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks James!