Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by he...@morse.com on 2004/08/31 11:06:41 UTC

[mp1] mod_perl interfering with mod_caucho

Hello...

I have compiled mod_perl 1.3.29 statically into apache 1.3.27+ApacheSSL,
running on AIX 5.2
Used:
perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1
EVERYTHING=1 APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite'

Perl Version : 5.8.5
Executed 'make test' and all of the tests are ok (except for 6 skipped)

The problem comes when I install the new apache, mod_perl interferes with
our application server, resin, mod_caucho (or it may be the other way
around) and all of the JSP pages start showing the source code instead of
the output.

Does anybody have a clue why this may be happening ?

I have also tried compiling mod_perl dynamically:

- When I use USE_APXS=1 and try to load the module into Apache, it starts
misbehaving and all of the processes start dying.....

- When I use USE_DSO=1 I end up getting errors that libperl.so cannot load
(even when I do make test)

Cannot load
/usr/local/mod_perl-1.29/t/../../apache_1.3.27/src/modules/perl/libp
erl.so into server: dlopen:
/usr/local/mod_perl-1.29/t/../../apache_1.3.27/src/m
odules/perl/libperl.so: 30
/usr/local/mod_perl-1.29/t/../../apache_1.3.27/src/m
odules/perl/libperl.so36 ap_add_cgi_vars 228 httpsd36 ap_add_common_vars
229 htt
psd36 ap_add_file_conf 230 httpsd36 ap_add_per_dir_conf 231 httpsd36
ap_add_per_
url_conf 232 httpsd36 ap_add_version_component 233 httpsd36
ap_allow_options 234
 httpsd36 ap_append_arrays 235 httpsd36 ap_auth_type 236 httpsd36
ap_basic_http_
header 237 httpsd36 ap_bfileno 238 httpsd36 ap_bgetopt 239 httpsd36
ap_bsetopt 2
(....)

Could you help ???

Thanks a lot

Hector

Re: [mp1] mod_perl interfering with mod_caucho

Posted by Larry Leszczynski <la...@emailplus.org>.
Hello Hector -

> I have compiled mod_perl 1.3.29 statically into apache 1.3.27+ApacheSSL,
> running on AIX 5.2
> Used:
> perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.27/src DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1
> EVERYTHING=1 APACI_ARGS='--enable-module=so --enable-module=rewrite'
>
> Perl Version : 5.8.5
> Executed 'make test' and all of the tests are ok (except for 6 skipped)
>
> The problem comes when I install the new apache, mod_perl interferes with
> our application server, resin, mod_caucho (or it may be the other way
> around) and all of the JSP pages start showing the source code instead of
> the output.

First you should verify whether it's Apache or Resin that is serving up
the contents of the JSP source using your configuration - if you shut down
your app server and still see the JSP source, then Apache is delivering
it.  If that's the case it's likely just a problem with your httpd.conf
configuration.  One of the handlers registered by mod_caucho does URI
translation, which is where it decides whether or not to hand off the
request to Resin.  It sounds like mod_caucho is not getting the chance to
handle the request, so the Apache default handler takes over and just
displays the contents of the requested source file.

You might want to try temporarily commenting-out any of the mod_perl
config in your httpd.conf and see if things change.  Also look for things
like RewriteRules that might modify the JSP URLs - if there are any, make
sure they have the PassThru (PT) flag at the end so that mod_caucho's URI
translation can still take place after mod_rewrite has done its work.

HTH,
Larry