Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Emmanuel Bardet <em...@bardet.org> on 2002/02/08 14:51:12 UTC

Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Hello all,

I need to import data in a table on which the idbroker generates primary
keys. This is fine except that I need to keep the primary key provided with
the import file. How do I tell Torque not to use the idbroker for those
inserts ?

  <column name="UNIT_ID" required="true" primaryKey="true"
          autoIncrement="true" type="INTEGER"/>

Thanks.

Emmanuel.

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
sorry for the spam,
my mailer does weired things today..
it should be over now.

/heiko

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 16.26 schrieb Heiko Braun:
> Ok. now i understand.
> But i actually have no idea how
> the idBroker handles cases like this.
> I guess you run into a lot of problems,..
>
> ;)
>
> Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?
>

> Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> > Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> > when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> > time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development

 Java, Open Source

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Emmanuel Bardet <em...@bardet.org>.
Yes, I wanted to use torque for the import as it's really convinient. I
guess I'd better create the sql statements for each entry in the file... :-(

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
Ok. now i understand.
But i actually have no idea how
the idBroker handles cases like this.
I guess you run into a lot of problems,..

;)

Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development

 Java, Open Source

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
Ok. now i understand.
But i actually have no idea how
the idBroker handles cases like this.
I guess you run into a lot of problems,..

;)

Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development

 Java, Open Source

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
Ok. now i understand.
But i actually have no idea how
the idBroker handles cases like this.
I guess you run into a lot of problems,..

;)

Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development

 Java, Open Source

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
Ok. now i understand.
But i actually have no idea how
the idBroker handles cases like this.
I guess you run into a lot of problems,..

;)

Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development

 Java, Open Source

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
Ok. now i understand.
But i actually have no idea how
the idBroker handles cases like this.
I guess you run into a lot of problems,..

;)

Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development

 Java, Open Source

RE: Importing data in Torque&IdBroker

Posted by Heiko Braun <he...@hlan.org>.
Ok. now i understand.
But i actually have no idea how
the idBroker handles cases like this.
I guess you run into a lot of problems,..

;)

Are you doing the imports via torque aswell?

Am Fre, 2002-02-08 um 15.13 schrieb Emmanuel Bardet:
> Thanks Heiko for your reply. I do want to keep idbroker for the table except
> when I import a file where the key is provided which happens from time to
> time. Are you suggesting I should maintain 2 ******-schema.xml files ?

'
 Heiko Braun
 Software Development