Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Richard Bourner <rb...@OpTechSoftware.com> on 2002/12/18 05:24:10 UTC

XML using XLS: problem with cache/expire error

Has anyone an idea of this error in my log file:

[17 Dec 2002 20:12:18  INFO] - cache miss, object
expired: -747215834-78822240|stylesheet-http://127.0.0.1:8080/jetspeed/xsl/g
enitips.xsl

I am using the XLS portlet: my .xls file is apparently not read and my
portlet displays "Unable to display for this browser" instead of my
translated xml file.

An idea?

Thanks
Richard

RE: XML using XLS: problem with cache/expire error

Posted by Richard Bourner <rb...@OpTechSoftware.com>.
David,

I have a portlet that is very similar to the one you mention below.
My problem seems related to the charset encoding.

Basicaly, when loading my XLS portlet, instead of seing my xml translated,
the portlet displays "Unable to display for this browser". I have added some
traces in the XSLPortlet class:

1- in XSLPortlet.init() I get:
	base='text/html; charset=UTF-8'

2- in XSLPortlet.getContent(..) I get:
	type='text/html'
	stylesheet='null'

Thus, as this type is not found in the hash table, the variable 'stylesheet'
is null and the SimpleTransform.transform is not called.

In my xml file, the first line is:
but even replacing with UTF-8, the result is the same.

has anyone an idea why I get 2 different types ("text/html; charset=UTF-8"
and "text/html") ?

Thanks
Richard

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.