Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Shahiduzzaman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/07 05:05:20 UTC

Help on building Sling

Hi all,

I am trying to launch sling following the instructions in this page -
"http://sling.apache.org/site/getting-and-building-sling.html". But I
am getting the following exception error message when I am trying to
launch Sling -

 07.04.2010 12:33:49.563 *ERROR* [SCR Component Actor]
org.apache.sling.fsresource
[org.apache.sling.fsprovider.internal.FsResourceProvider] The activate
method has thrown an exception (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
provider.roots property must be set)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: provider.roots property must be
set
        at org.apache.sling.fsprovider.internal.FsResourceProvider.activate(FsResourceProvider.java:206)

Any idea why this happening?

Thanks.

Shahid

Re: Help on building Sling

Posted by Shahiduzzaman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Its solved. My bad! in my machine a tomcat6 instance is running, once
I stopped it - sling launched gracefully.

Thanks.
Shahid

Re: Help on building Sling

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Shahiduzzaman  wrote

Re: Help on building Sling

Posted by Shahiduzzaman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Help on building Sling

Posted by Csákány Róbert <ro...@semmi.se>.
Hi,

I think it's normai, because when I use without any settings (that means I'm using sling without any File System Resource provider) - It's starting with this error message.

To avoid this message:
1. Remove or Stop the bundle in System Console
2. Crreate an entry, where you specify at least one instance - #1 preferred, if you are not using

Regards,