Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by "Gray, Jonathan" <Jo...@comcast.com> on 2018/11/01 15:28:15 UTC

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Python2 EoL

I'm not a fan of pypi because it will add another step to our release process to manage with an external source to maintain.  If we want to deprecate the 2.x client ahead of the EOL date in the 4.0 release, that's fine with me since it can be versioned where it is today I think.

Jonathan G

On 11/1/18, 9:04 AM, "Dave Neuman" <ne...@apache.org> wrote:

    I am not sure if Apache is cool with us putting the client on PyPi, so that
    is something we should look into (are other Apache projects there?).
    I don't really have an opinion on moving from 2 - 3, so if that is
    something you want to do, go for it.