Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Loïc Minier <lo...@via.ecp.fr> on 2003/11/05 11:39:18 UTC

log4j errors with the maven plugin

     Hello,

 When running some goals of the maven plugin for torque, I get log4j
 errors, like in this sample output :
===========
torque:init:

torque:id-table-init-sql:
    [torque-sql] Using classpath
log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.org.apache.torque.engine

log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "org.apache.torque.engine".
===========

 I tried to track down the problem, and it seems to me that the torque
 plugin for maven is built within the "torque-generator" subproject
 sources, these however don't use log4j. It sounds like torque-generator
 uses commons-logging which seems to be an abstraction to use different
 logging mechanisms.

 My question is what property file should I define, so that
 commons-logging is correctly configured, and so that in turn log4j is
 properly initialized?

--
Loïc Minier <lo...@dooz.org>