Posted to dev@griffin.apache.org by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/21 01:08:29 UTC

[ROLL CALL] Status of this project

Hi,

There has been no development activity on this project for more than 5
months. The PMC has failed to submit several board reports. Without a
community or anyone working on the project, there is no project.

If any of the PMC members are still active, please indicate so by
responding to this email.

Thank you, all!  I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Willem Jiang

Re: [ROLL CALL] Status of this project

Posted by "Liu, John" <jl...@ebay.com.INVALID>.
Hi all,

Great to hear that we will have something new in the plan.

It is so happy to me to see that there will be new arch draft in 2 days.

At the same time, I would like to raise up some of my ideas/comments related to the new arch before we decided to go

  1.  What’s the good part and bad part for the existing arch? I agree that the current arch which were defined 4 years ago is not good enough for the ongoing requirement. So I would like to recommend that compile a list of expected change from arch level, so we can start from there, to discuss the priority and scope.
  2.  We might need to define/re-define high level principles helping us clarify the vision, if it is not clear enough now. We need some brain storming to collect more ideas about what griffin should do and what should not.
  3.  We need to check with what is the main pain points of current user, and try to solve them in the arch level. I will go through all the jira issues and classify them to several categories. And I will keep update the status.

Please let me know your comments.

—
Thanks,
John

From: Eugene Law <li...@apache.org>
Date: Friday, July 22, 2022 at 3:09 PM
To: dev@griffin.apache.org <de...@griffin.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [ROLL CALL] Status of this project
External Email

As we constantly discussed in dev mail(
https://nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Flists.apache.org%2Fthread%2Fzb7y62l67mxobs5xxw937t7lrdvk6o8w&amp;data=05%7C01%7Cjliu17%40ebay.com%7C724660b6027e43d6d13b08da6bb10b8b%7C46326bff992841a0baca17c16c94ea99%7C0%7C0%7C637940705406676465%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=UTnvtsgVCAVmyhRdiRtwI5guFkFYs8Yi4ZrG8B%2FKH%2BY%3D&amp;reserved=0) before,
we will build the next generation of griffin(1.0.0) based on this proposal.

And our PMC will draft our new architecture document in two days.

Thanks
Eugene

Posted by Eugene Law <li...@apache.org>.
As we constantly discussed in dev mail(
https://lists.apache.org/thread/zb7y62l67mxobs5xxw937t7lrdvk6o8w) before,

Posted by William Guo <gu...@apache.org>.
hi Tushar,

We will put our development tasks on jira as
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GRIFFIN-371

You can pickup task from there,

BTW,  welcome to contribute!

Thanks,