Posted to user@shiro.apache.org by badasingh <in...@cvwebdesigns.com> on 2016/07/20 18:51:10 UTC

No web.xml in Vaadin 7.x because of servlet 3.0

I'm still relatively new to Apache Shiro and Vaadin, so this might just be a
newbie question.  I noticed that the most recent versions of Vaadin no
longer utilize web.xml because of servlet 3.0 .  Are any parameters required
in the @WebServlet or @VaadinServletConfiguration annotations for Shiro to
work with Vaadin?  Previously, this was added to web.xml:

    <listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.shiro.web.env.EnvironmentLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <filter>
        <filter-name>ShiroFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>org.apache.shiro.web.servlet.IniShiroFilter</filter-class>
    </filter>

Re: No web.xml in Vaadin 7.x because of servlet 3.0

Posted by badasingh <in...@cvwebdesigns.com>.
Thanks Brian, I'll take a look!

Re: No web.xml in Vaadin 7.x because of servlet 3.0

Posted by Brian Demers <br...@gmail.com>.
Depending on your application, you could configure these with annotations:
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/api/javax/servlet/annotation/package-tree.html