Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Co...@hydro.qc.ca on 2006/12/19 17:04:21 UTC

Problems migrating to version 1.1.4

Hello all,

	I'm having a heck of a time trying to migrate to the latest version of myfaces. I'm getting
a bunch of inconsistencies and NoClassDefs, etc...I am using IBM's Rational Application Developper 6.0.1
with all the latest patches.

1)  Which faces servlet must we now declare in web.xml?
		org.apache.myfaces.webapp.MyFacesServlet or javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet

2) Why am i getting this line (for each of my backer beans) in system.out when starting up my server?
		More than one managed bean w/ the name of "bean name1"
		More than one managed bean w/ the name of "bean name2"
		More than one managed bean w/ the name of "bean name3"
		etc...

3) I am getting a NoClassDef (It might simply be a RAD issue) on
		org.apache.myfaces.custom.buffer.HtmlBufferResponseWriterWrapper (but the jar is in the lib dir and compiles fine...)

4) When I grab myfaces-api-1.1.4.jar and myfaces-impl-1.1.4.jar, which versions of sandbox and tomahawk jars should I get?

These are the jars I have in the lib dir of Web-inf:
myfaces-api-1.1.4.jar
myfaces-impl-1.1.4.jar
sandbox.jar
tomahawk-1.1.3.jar

...and the rest of the dependencies I believe should be ok.

Any help would be appreciated !

Mark

Re: Problems migrating to version 1.1.4

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mark,

@1: both are fine

@2: looks like your managed-bean section is parsed twice. Sure you
have the myfaces-jars only once on your source path?

@3: looks like class-loading issues - two jars?

tomahawk 1.1.3 should be fine - but you could also go with the
snapshot, should work well.

regards,

Martin

--