Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by pof <Me...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/22 08:31:53 UTC

Sorlj when to commit?

Hi, I am doing a large batch (thousands) of insertions to my index using an
EmbeddedSolrServer. I was wondering how often should I use server.commit()
as I am trying to avoid unecessary bottlenecks.

Thanks, Brett.

Re: Sorlj when to commit?

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

If you don't need the searcher to see index changes (new docs) during your indexing, just wait until you are done and commit/optimize at the end.

Otis