Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Christophe Darville <cd...@internetvista.com> on 2022/01/19 08:41:00 UTC

Support for HTTP/2 in classic mode

Hi,

In HttpClient 5.1, is HTTP/2 supported only in async mode or is it also possible to support HTTP/2 in classic mode ?

Regards,
Christophe

Re: Support for HTTP/2 in classic mode

Posted by Kalnichevski Oleg <ol...@ok2consulting.com>.

On 1/19/2022 9:41 AM, Christophe Darville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In HttpClient 5.1, is HTTP/2 supported only in async mode or is it also possible to support HTTP/2 in classic mode ?
>
> Regards,
> Christophe

Theoretically, it could be possible but the classic I/O model does not
lend itself well to multiplexing protocols like HTTP/2. It is not going
to work well and is going to be very inefficient.

Oleg