Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2008/07/18 16:34:18 UTC

CI setup

Does anyone have any preferences?

Regards,
Alan

Re: CI setup

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
I'm cool with that - one of my many desires of becoming an ASF project was
to use the infrastructure.  I'm sick and tired of managing that stuff myself
:)

Re: CI setup

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
Yeah, I know he can do the relocate now, but it doesn't hurt to wait a tad
until he's complete.  This also avoids any potential merge conflicts that
might arise while he's changing things.

I don't know how I would like using a distributed VCS.  Does anyone here
have any experience using one?  I mean, I _love_ the concept of a trunk, of
branches and of tags - isn't essentially everything in a DVCS just a
branch?  Just curious...

Re: CI setup

Posted by Peter Ledbrook <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
Not yet - I'm in the process of doing it now :)

Re: CI setup

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> Has anyone else been able to get an account on the Hudson zone?  I would
> hate to be the only build monkey on the project.  :)

I'm a Hudson admin as well.And while not a commiter on JSecurity, I'll
be happy to help out if need be.

/niklas

Re: CI setup

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Thanks for the status.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
+1

Re: CI setup

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Jul 18, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> On Jul 18, 2008, at 8:10 AM, Peter Ledbrook wrote:
>
>>> I've been happy with Luntbuild in the past.  If the ASF has open-
>>> source
>>> licenses for Bamboo, that'd be great to try that too.
>>>
>>> I _think_ Peter has experience with Bamboo, but I can't remember.
>>> Peter, do
>>> you guys use that for Grails?  If so, what do you think of it?
>>
>> Yes, Grails uses Bamboo. I've also used Hudson before. I'm happy with
>> either. Just so long as we don't use CruiseControl :)
>>

> Hudson sounds fine to me.  I'll get this set up.  I suggest that any
> other committers that want to administer this as well should read http://wiki.apache.org/general/Hudson
> .

I've found Hudson to be much more reliable (and stable) then the others.

-dain

Re: CI setup

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Peter Ledbrook <pe...@cacoethes.co.uk>.

Re: CI setup

Posted by Les Hazlewood <le...@hazlewood.com>.
I've been happy with Luntbuild in the past.  If the ASF has open-source
licenses for Bamboo, that'd be great to try that too.

I _think_ Peter has experience with Bamboo, but I can't remember.  Peter, do
you guys use that for Grails?  If so, what do you think of it?

Looks pretty sexy to me...

Re: CI setup

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: CI setup