Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Anil <an...@wonderschools.com> on 2001/03/28 11:23:24 UTC

problems building the tomcat Source

I have been trying to build the Source for Tomcat but an error creeps up.

sun/tools/javac/Main
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.doClassicCompile(Javac.java:218)
	at org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.execute(Target.java:120)

I have downloaded and installed
>> jdk1.3
>>tomcat source 3.1.1
>>jakarta-ant
>>jakarta-tools
all in the same directory.
running on Win98 system

Anybody has any Idea what the problem could be. Any help would will be
appreciated

Thanks

Anil Oommen
Technical Member
anil@banyanlabs.com

RE: problems building the tomcat Source

Posted by Kevin Jones <ke...@develop.com>.
do you have tools.jar on your classpath?

c:\jdk1.3\lib\tools.jar

Kevin Jones
DevelopMentor
www.develop.com