Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Burt Hill <hh...@programmer.net> on 1998/10/22 23:49:04 UTC

general/3274: CGI scripts not accessible, not a CGI script debug

>Number:         3274
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       CGI scripts not accessible, not a CGI script debug
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
SPACES in Server Root directory prevent CGI script access.
This might be in the FAQ, but I couldn't find it. This
might be in the documentation, but I couldn't find it.

CGI scripts DO function properly when I create a cgi-bin
subdirectory under Directory Root, add Perl 5.001, and add,
of course, CGI scripts. ScriptAlias and other relevant entries,
however, must be updated accordingly.

Marvelous product !!!
>How-To-Repeat:
See above ... try to run cgi-bin entries from
x:/Program File/Apache Group/Apache/cgi-bin

The spaces will prevent access
>Fix:
See above ... put cgi-bin under Directory Root
and don't have any spaces in the path name