Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Saeed Adel Mehraban <s....@gmail.com> on 2014/01/05 18:33:38 UTC

What makes a map to fail?

Hi all,
My task jobs are failing due to many failed maps. I want to know what makes
a map to fail? Is it something like exceptions or what?

Re: What makes a map to fail?

Posted by Saeed Adel Mehraban <s....@gmail.com>.
@Bing Thank you. I did what you said and it worked fine.
I could seed this in failed maps logs:

2014-01-07 03:52:02,164 WARN [main] org.apache.hadoop.mapred.YarnChild:
Exception running child : java.net.ConnectException: Call From
slave1-machine/127.0.1.1 to slave1-machine:58898 failed on connection
exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; For more details
see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

I don't know what process meant to listen to port 58898 on slave1.
Any idea here?

Re: What makes a map to fail?

Posted by Saeed Adel Mehraban <s....@gmail.com>.

Re: What makes a map to fail?