Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MiksIr <mi...@laudlink.ru> on 2003/12/04 08:46:53 UTC

[users@httpd] NameVirtualHost * with

Hello all,

     apache 2.0.48

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
     DocumentRoot ...
     ServerName empty.somedomain
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
     DocumentRoot ...
     ServerName www.somedomain
</VirtualHost>

    This is work nice. Make some changes.

NameVirtualHost *

<VirtualHost *>
     DocumentRoot ...
     ServerName empty.somedomain
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4>
     DocumentRoot ...
     ServerName www.somedomain
</VirtualHost>

   But now for 1.2.3.4 run _ip-based_ virtual hosting. As result, for
   requests to 1.2.3.4 always answer second virtualhost. And more, if
   i add third virtualhost this 1.2.3.4 IP, apache generate warning
   about overlaps.
   I think, that's wrong, because NameVirtualHost * say, what for
   all IP run name-based virtual hosting.

--
Best regards, MiksIr
miksir@laudlink.ru