Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Frank Daly <fd...@cit.ie> on 2003/10/23 13:32:05 UTC

xsp request parameter conundrum

Hi

I have an xsp file which queries a database, the results of which are
then displayed on pdf.

In the xsp file when I hard code the query parameter, i.e. where code
'red23' the results display correctly.  However when I use where code =
<xsp-request:get-parameter name="code"/> I get either nothing, if the
match pattern is not pdf, or this file does not begin with '%pdf-' if
the match pattern ends with the pdf extension.

I've checked the xsl:fo being generated in both cases and they are
identical.  Is there something I'm missing.  I've spent a week on this
now and can't work it out.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Frank

-------------------Legal  Disclaimer---------------------------------------

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.

Re: xsp request parameter conundrum

Posted by Luca Morandini <lu...@tin.it>.
Frank Daly wrote:

> In the xsp file when I hard code the query parameter, i.e. where code
> 'red23' the results display correctly.  However when I use where code =
> <xsp-request:get-parameter name="code"/> I get either nothing, if the
> match pattern is not pdf, or this file does not begin with '%pdf-' if
> the match pattern ends with the pdf extension.

silly things first: have you quoted your XSP tag,
like in: where code = '<xsp-request:get-parameter name="code"/>' ?

This may cause errors in the DBMS, which may, in turn, produce incorrect
PDF.

Regards,

-----------------------------------
Luca Morandini   -   GIS Consultant
lmorandini@ieee.org
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/ukmorand/

Re: xsp request parameter conundrum

Posted by go...@osmosis.gr.
r u sure that you get tha parameter?

the most common problem i have is that
<xsp-request:get-parameter name="code"/> is empty or with wrong content

for 2 reasons
1. encoding problems
2. parameters that have % symbol for example ?id=10&desc=50%

-- stavros