Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/11/16 15:23:12 UTC

Test tool?

Hi Folks,

Sometime ago Samisa was saying that he didn't have a users service so he
was having problems solving their problem. I've created a simple Java
program that emulates a service.
It listens on a port. Receives (and then throws away) a request. It then
returns back to the requestor the contents of a file. The file has to have
the complete HTTP response in it.

I wondered if this was of use to people? I think it might help us tackle
issues from users that we don't have the services for. Is there anywhere
else we can use this tool? Test perhaps?
I'm not going to put it into CVS until I see what response it gets here (if
you want it to try it out please shout).

It could be improved - you could imagine that it could read the incoming
request and depending on the msg send back a different file etc.

Your feedback would be appreciated.

cheers,
John.

John Hawkins

Re: Test tool?

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.
+1 for placing it on tests. This will be very helpful in testing.
thanks
damitha

--
Damitha Kumarage
hSenid Software International (PVT) Ltd

Re: Test tool?

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi John,
    This is fantastic. I was having much trouble in re-creating problems reported by users.
    I think we must include it in cvs tests folder.

    In addition to testing isolated cases, we could use this tool to mimic the server side in
regression tests,  so that we could test against some of the critical cases reported by users, for
which we do not have server side test implementations.

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Sometime ago Samisa was saying that he didn't have a users service so he
> was having problems solving their problem. I've created a simple Java
> program that emulates a service.
> It listens on a port. Receives (and then throws away) a request. It then
> returns back to the requestor the contents of a file. The file has to have
> the complete HTTP response in it.
>
> I wondered if this was of use to people? I think it might help us tackle
> issues from users that we don't have the services for. Is there anywhere
> else we can use this tool? Test perhaps?
> I'm not going to put it into CVS until I see what response it gets here (if
> you want it to try it out please shout).
>
> It could be improved - you could imagine that it could read the incoming
> request and depending on the msg send back a different file etc.
>
> Your feedback would be appreciated.
>
> cheers,
> John.
>

> John Hawkins