Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by e....@telecom.tno.nl on 2004/05/07 12:08:40 UTC

Newbie question - using input templates rather than html editor

Hi all,

We'd like to use Lenya to let users add/approve/publish content that has a predefined structure. So we don't want them to use an HTML editor, but something like an input-template instead that will force them to provide certain information items like 'summary', 'title', 'resources', etc.

Would this be a standard Lenya feature, or would this require some 'serious programming' ;-) ?

Tnx!

Erik

Re: Newbie question - using input templates rather than html editor

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
<e....@telecom.tno.nl> writes:

> We'd like to use Lenya to let users add/approve/publish content that
> has a predefined structure. So we don't want them to use an HTML
> editor, but something like an input-template instead that will force
> them to provide certain information items like 'summary', 'title',
> 'resources', etc.

If I understand you correctly you want to edit a highly structired
document.

You can do that by defining a Relax NG schema which defines your
document structure. BXE will pick up this schema and will only let you
edit the allowed fields.

Ask Giampaolo, he has done a doctype for 'notes' which defines a very
strict Relax NG schema, and he has integrated it with BXE.

He probably put some documentation in the wiki.

> Would this be a standard Lenya feature, or would this require some
> 'serious programming' ;-) ?

This is a standard feature. You just need to define your schema and
integrate it with BXE.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.net   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: Newbie question - using input templates rather than html editor

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> e.m.boertjes@telecom.tno.nl wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We'd like to use Lenya to let users add/approve/publish content that
>> has a predefined structure. So we don't want them to use an HTML
>> editor, but something like an input-template instead that will force
>> them to provide certain information items like 'summary', 'title',
>> 'resources', etc.
>>
>> Would this be a standard Lenya feature, or would this require some
>> 'serious programming' ;-) ?
>

> Sounds like a typical usecase for the forms editor.
> You can compare the editors available for Lenya at
> http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LenyaEditors

also take a look at the "blog" or "oscom" publication

..../pubs/@PUBLICATION@/lenya/xslt/formeditor/...

Michi

> -- Andreas

Michael Wechner

Re: Newbie question - using input templates rather than html editor

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.