Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ajay bhadauria <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/18 20:18:10 UTC

xs:any namespace resolution

Hi,

I have schema file 1.xsd which has xs:any schema construct

<xs:complexType name="ExtensionEnvelope">
        <xs:sequence>
            <xs:any namespace="##any" processContents="strict"/>
        </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>

And I try to validate xml instance ( test2.xml ) against this schema, it gave the following error
     cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'ns1:Document'.

However, the namespace which the Validator is looking for is in other xsd file (2.xsd).

How do I tell Validator the location of 2.xsd file during validation ?

The test.xml has some elements which belong to the namespace urn:swift:xsd:$xtsn.998.001.01 which is defined in the 2.xsd file.

Re: xs:any namespace resolution

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
(Ajay, patience. In the future, please don't post the same message over and
over again to the list. We heard you the first time.)

Try writing an LSResourceResolver (which you would register with the
validator) and have that return the 2nd schema document on the request with
its target namespace.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development