Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Light Reader <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/08 19:46:07 UTC

Broken pipe from hadoop browse

Hi,
Looks like I am past some of my older issues. when i do a simple hadoop fs
-ls on my new cluster I get the following error:

[root@ip-10-118-190-121 WCluster1]# ~/hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop fs -ls /
12/05/08 17:33:03 WARN conf.Configuration: DEPRECATED: hadoop-site.xml
found in the classpath. Usage of hadoop-site.xml is deprecated. Instead use
core-site.xml, mapred-site.xml and hdfs-site.xml to override properties of
core-default.xml, mapred-default.xml and hdfs-default.xml respectively
Bad connection to FS. command aborted. exception: Call to
ec2-23-22-79-169.compute-1.amazonaws.com/10.122.25.228:8020 failed on local
exception: java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

I am guessing this is more of a Hadoop issue but dunno which setting is
causing this to happen.

Thanks,
Arni

Re: Broken pipe from hadoop browse

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Light Reader <li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick question which I could not find in FAQ or guide. If I make config
> changes (under /usr/local/hadoop/conf) on a hadoop node (say master) how do
> i restart my hadoop services?

Unfortunately there is no easy way with 0.7.x. This is something we are
working on for 0.8.0 - too be released as soon.

You are more than welcome to contribute:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WHIRR

To learn how to restart daemons by hand take a look at
start_hadoop_daemon() in:
https://github.com/apache/whirr/blob/branch-0.7/services/hadoop/src/main/resources/functions/configure_hadoop.sh

-- Andrei

Re: Broken pipe from hadoop browse

Posted by Light Reader <li...@gmail.com>.
I am a newbie but analysis of large data sets is my use case. Trying to
figure out the best way to do it right now.

Posted by Andrei Savu <sa...@gmail.com>.
Awesome!

Posted by Light Reader <li...@gmail.com>.
Slapping forehead.