Posted to announce@apachecon.com by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> on 2000/02/29 22:42:03 UTC

ApacheCon 2000: Site map now available, and DNS problems

Greetings!

As it turned out, lots more pages and sections have been added to
the ApacheCon Web site than we originally expected, and most
of them aren't easy to find.

To rectify this, we've put up a page of links-around-the-site
so you can find everything.  The link to this page is now at
the top of the left-hand border, and at the bottom of every
page.  The URL is <http://ApacheCon.Com/html/sitemap.html>.

In other news: For some as-yet-undetermined reason, occasionally
name-to-IP-address lookups for WWW.ApacheCon.Com are coming
up with the wrong answer -- an address many months stale.
The symptoms are either a 'you're not allow to access / on
this server' error page or an 'unable to contact server' browser
error.  If this happens to you, try the URL again *without* the
'WWW' name -- just 'ApacheCon.Com'.

Unfortunately, a lot of hard-coded links on many pages use the
WWW.ApacheCon.Com name, so you may encounter this when clicking on
a link somewhere. We're trying to track this down.  More as it
becomes available.

Only a little more than a week to go.  Woo-hoo!
--
#ken    P-)}

Conference!  <http://ApacheCon.Com/>