Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by danield <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/11 01:13:31 UTC

BulkScorer and .explain() compute scores separately?

I have subclassed the BooleanQuery and changed the BooleanWeight constructor
to change the way the /coord/ and /idf /components of the similiarity
formula are computed, and my changes work as expected when calling
IndexSearcher.explain().

However, I now find that when just calling IndexSearcher.search(), the
scores reported for each document and resulting ranking are quite different
from what .explain() shows me.

What is going on? Clearly scores are computed somewhere else when done by
BulkScorer and not in BooleanQuery.BooleanWeight().

I have been looking at the code but it's mighty confusing and I still
haven't figured out how to make the same changes on this pipeline.

Please help!!
Thanks!