Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by GHui <ug...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/06 16:29:48 UTC

Re: Connect a node in virtual machine with other nodes in physicalmachine with port forwarding

You should change your vm to bridge.

From:  "Chau Yee Cheung";<jo...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Sun, Apr 6, 2014 09:04 PM
To:  "user"<us...@hadoop.apache.org>;

Subject:  Re: Connect a node in virtual machine with other nodes in physicalmachine with port forwarding

OK, thanks for the information!

张秋怡
中山大学软件学院
 Joyee Cheung
School of Software, Sun Yat-sen University
Tel: 13824481874
QQ: 1284876460

 NAT with VM.
You just make sure SSH to VM without password.

But the best way is start to try it now.

Sent from my iPhone5s

On 2014年4月6日, at 20:26, Chau Yee Cheung <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

 May I ask how you configured the VM? The hadoop on other machines can just access the VM guest on another machine without port forwarding? (just making sure I'm not being paranoid here :) )

 Just do it, I did it successfully.

 Sent from my iPhone5s

Posted by Chau Yee Cheung <jo...@gmail.com>.
The problem is, we live in different dormitories, so I don't know how to
use a router to make things better...

But today I went to the lab and found out that we can pick any IP if we use
the network there, though we managed to connect the machines together
without using brigded mode anyway(The other machine could start the
datanode and the tasktracker in my VM). Now we are trying to make them run
the job together(some legacy symlinks seems to get in our way)

Thanks for your advaice though :)

Posted by Chau Yee Cheung <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chau Yee Cheung <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chau Yee Cheung <jo...@gmail.com>.