Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Dr. Edward R. Jones" <ej...@falcon.tamucc.edu> on 2002/07/09 15:58:39 UTC

Xerces ClassNotFound Problem in 4.0.1

Hi, I've looked high and low for documentation on dynamic class loading
for tomcat 4.0.1.  Can't seem to find an answer to this problem.  I'm
trying to use Xerces-J 2.0.1 parser in a class using the tomcat.

I receive the following message:

Preparing to create XML Reader using Xerces Parser
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser
	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader(Unknown
Source)
	at ValidatorService.validate(ValidatorService.java:60)

etc...

This came from the following java statement:

XMLReader reader =
XMLReaderFactory.createXMLReader("org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser");

Yes, I have the xerces.jar file in common/lib and the tomcat classpath.  I
also tried placing the jar file in the /lib directory for the servlet and
in the /classes directory itself.  Nothing has seemed to work..

Can anyone give me a clue on this ?

Much thanks - edwardJones