Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Xeno Amess <xe...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/10 16:57:05 UTC

[ALL] year to 2021 in NOTICE.txt

In nearly all repos in our commons, there be a file named NOTICE.txt, and
content be:

Apache Commons Lang
Copyright 2001-2020 The Apache Software Foundation

The Apache Software Foundation (https://www.apache.org/).

Since it be 2021 now, should we change the 2020 to 2021?
Also wonder, do we have a autowared-tool to do this, or should manually
change them in every repo?
Should I do this?

Re: [ALL] year to 2021 in NOTICE.txt

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Our Commons plugin takes care of updating the NOTICE file when a release is
created, so no need to do anything for now IMO.

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
AIUI, the date should only be updated if there has been a substantive
change to the software.

So we don't have to go and change all the NOTICE files.

However, before release, we should certainly check the date.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.