Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2008/03/14 10:55:38 UTC

Gump Report Q1/2008

Infrastructure:

    * no new is good news.

Technical:

    * we finally have more than just basic Maven2 support working and
      now build Maven2 projects against the most recent code of their
      dependencies as well.

      There are still some issues to iron out like cases where one jar
      built by Gump is known by more than one id in the repository or
      a project really needs to build against an older version of its
      dependency (think intentional API breakage on a new major
      version).  We also need to migrate more projects and then can
      start adding more projects if they want to.

    * Sooner or later we will need to add support for more VCSes like
      git or hg, so far we didn't have to add a project that uses
      anything but svn or CVS, though.

Other:

    * Crypto: apart from some code that calculates MD5 and SHA1 hashes
      in the Maven Repository Proxy there isn't anything in Gump that
      would go near crypto at all.  As far as we can see there is no
      need for any sort of notification in Gump's code base.

    * still all Apache committers have access to metadata in svn.

    * no releases.