Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/08/06 22:48:01 UTC

[cli] 2.0 status?

Hello,

What is the status on an alpha, beta, or release for 2.0?

FYI, I am starting to use cli-1.0 in a new area of our product.

Thanks
Gary

Re: [cli] 2.0 status?

Posted by Rob Oxspring <ro...@imapmail.org>.
Gary,

At the moment there are two competing proposals for CLI2.

John Keyes has a branch in CVS (cli_1_x) that tidies up the current code to be much more consistent.  There hasn't been much talk about this since I stuck my oar in with some alternative ideas.  There may have been more work in the meantime but I haven't been checking commit messages lately so my comments re Johns work may be outdated.

I have an alternative proposal that is more radical and, I think, much more flexible.  This is stored in my own subversion repo that I'll make available once I have authentication set up.

Neither proposal can be considered more than alpha at the moment and binary compatability remains an afterthought for now.  Once one or other of the proposals stabilise I expect we'll investigate the pros and cons and take things from there.  I wouldn't expect betas until late september at the earliest.

Hope that helps,

Rob

Re: [cli] 2.0 status?