Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2017/05/07 21:21:35 UTC

Reminder to always set x.0.0 and x.y.0 fix versions when backporting

Hi folks,

I've noticed with the backporting efforts for 2.8.1, we're losing some
x.y.0 fix versions (e.g. 2.9.0). Our fix version scheme is described here
(also quoted)

https://hadoop.apache.org/versioning.html

   1. For each *minor* release line, set the *lowest unreleased a.b.c
   version, where c ≥ 0*.
   2. For each *major* release line, set the *lowest unreleased a.b.0
   version*.

This JIRA query for instance turns up 44 JIRAs with fix versions 2.8.1 or
2.8.2 and not 2.9.0:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20in%20(HADOOP%2C%20HDFS%2C%20YARN%2C%20MAPREDUCE)%20and%20fixVersion%20in%20(%222.8.1%22%2C%20%222.8.2%22)%20and%20fixVersion%20!%3D%20%222.9.0%22

Best,
Andrew

Re: Reminder to always set x.0.0 and x.y.0 fix versions when backporting

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Thanks Andrew for the reminder!

I've checked the commit log and set 2.9.0 to the issue if the patch is
committed in branch-2.

-Akira

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.