Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by David Hawthorne <dh...@3crowd.com> on 2010/11/18 01:33:50 UTC

Examples on this page are all broken

http://qpid.apache.org/apis/0.7/cpp/html/index.html

Looking through the headers, these can't work.  Even just trying to compile the first example to bootstrap things fails miserably:

g++ -c -g -O2 -Wall test.cpp
test.cpp: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
test.cpp:13: error: no matching function for call to 'qpid::messaging::Connection::Connection(std::string&)'
test.cpp:15: error: no matching function for call to 'qpid::messaging::Connection::open()'
test.cpp:16: error: 'class qpid::messaging::Connection' has no member named 'createSession'

Can someone please update this document with working example code, please?  Pretty please?  It would be very, very useful to have working non-OO examples.

Re: Examples on this page are all broken

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 11/18/2010 06:34 PM, David Hawthorne wrote:
> The .6 and .7 pages are the same, and I'm compiling against .6

Yes, sorry. That is an error on the website. The docs generated from
your 0.6 release (qpidc-0.6/docs/api/html/) should be more consistent
(though less complete).

The messaging API was still evolving at the time of the 0.6 release (the
older, 0-10 specific API was the 'default'). It has now stabilised and
will be available in the upcoming 0.8 release (now working its way
through the release process).

Posted by David Hawthorne <dh...@3crowd.com>.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.