Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Bobby Lawrence <ro...@jlab.org> on 2005/06/01 00:01:02 UTC

Incompatible class Exception

I just upgraded from OJB 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 and I keep getting an

java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.ojb.broker.util.collections.RemovalAwareCollection; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -7915096023416965226, local class serialVersionUID = 6853709708973269593

What is going on here?
I have turned on debugging, and I get the following preceeding the
exception:

DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Materialisation of object is finished, push 16objects to cache
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Person{5346}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.PI{5346,2545}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.SystemResource{68}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Science{303}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Project{2544}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Person{5345}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Grant{2544,fhdf,1761}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Project{2545}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.InciteRequest{745}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Lab{ORNL}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.SystemResource{65}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Organization{1763}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Allocation{2544,zxcv,65}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.Organization{1761}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.PersonsEmail{5345,bobby@aol.com}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Push to cache: org.jlab.mis.apps.mics.valueobjects.InciteRequest{744}
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Clear materialization cache
DEBUG core.PersistenceBrokerImpl - PB.close was called: org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl@6019b76
DEBUG cache.MaterializationCache - Clear materialization cache

It looks like OJB can get all my object correctly, but something happens
right after the caching.
Weird.
I have a web application that makes calls to a remote session bean that
handles all my OJB stuff...
I have NOT changed my OJB.properties file, could this have something to
do with it?
I have verified that there is NO earlier version of OJB in my
classpath.....any ideas?

--
----------------------------
Bobby Lawrence

Jefferson Lab (www.jlab.org)

 Email: robertl@jlab.org
Office: (757) 269-5818
 Pager: (757) 584-5818

Re: Incompatible class Exception

Posted by Bobby Lawrence <ro...@jlab.org>.
Well  -
Here is the catch-all....my java objects don't even use collections!
They are using arrays.
I have not gotten the chance to upgrade them to Collections yet.

----------------------------

Posted by Bobby Lawrence <ro...@jlab.org>.
Yes.
The Struts actions in my web-app lookup my session bean, and pass my
objects.
The session bean methods open a PersistenceBroker, do the store/delete
and closes it.
Therefore, I don't even need OJB in my web-app classpath.
And currently, my 1:n references are implemented w/ Arrays...I haven't
gotten the chance to upgrade to Collections...
--B

----------------------------

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.