Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/21 16:41:12 UTC

New ServiceManager under proposition

Love it!

There is some mention of 'component' in the DefaultServiceManager.  I am
not sure whether that is deliberate or accidental....

What is the plan?  Vote or mull some more?

- Paul

Re: New ServiceManager under proposition

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Folks,

>>With the addition of the framework.service.* stuff shouldn't we
>>up the version to 4.1.3 ?
>>

>+1
>
>We could do another point release of just the framework part. We may want to
>leave it for a week or so just to work out any kinks or so. I integrated it
>into the ant proposal and all looked good.

+1  Good point.  We can still push it from src/proposal to src/java though.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Pete

Frank Zappa observed: "It's not getting any smarter out
                       there.You have to come to terms with
                       stupidity, and make it work for you."

RE: New ServiceManager under proposition

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.

 +1

RE: New ServiceManager under proposition

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Pete:
>
> With the addition of the framework.service.* stuff shouldn't we
> up the version to 4.1.3 ?

4.2

That is significant enough of a change.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: New ServiceManager under proposition

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Pete:

With the addition of the framework.service.* stuff shouldn't we
up the version to 4.1.3 ?

Steve.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Paul: