Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Dr. Sunil M. Dogra" <sm...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/20 12:42:55 UTC

[users@httpd] webserver

Hi

I am running webserver on Scientific linux 6.1 (64bit) machine in  private
network
"http://myserver.edu.in"

I am able to see this page on server but when open on other machines on my
private network, it says can't connect to http://server.edu.in because it
could not find server.

I can ssh to this server, also can copy the file to this server.

any help ???

With Best Regards
sunil

Re: [users@httpd] webserver

Posted by Steve Swift <Sw...@swiftys.org.uk>.
You are probably reaching the server but it is rejecting the connection.
Technically, this isn't an error, so the messages about these events go
into the access log, as your access was denied. See if there is anything
interesting in there.

On our system it is at /var/log/apache2/access.log

--
Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk

Re: [users@httpd] webserver

Posted by "Dr. Sunil M. Dogra" <sm...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] webserver

Posted by "Dr. Sunil M. Dogra" <sm...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Steve

Re: [users@httpd] webserver

Posted by Steve Swift <Sw...@swiftys.org.uk>.
On one of the systems which cannot connect, issue the command "ping
myserver.edu.in" (or whatever the actual hostname is) and compare the
result with the actual IP address of the server.

If they are different (a 99% probability) then fix that.

The other 1% probability might be interesting.

On 21 January 2012 06:46, Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20/01/12 06:42 AM, Dr. Sunil M. Dogra wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> I am running webserver on Scientific linux 6.1 (64bit) machine in
>>  private network
>> "http://myserver.edu.in"
>>
>> I am able to see this page on server but when open on other machines on
>> my private network, it says can't connect to http://server.edu.in
>> because it could not find server.
>>

>> I can ssh to this server, also can copy the file to this server.
>>

>> any help ???
>>

>> With Best Regards
>> sunil
>>

> That's a DNS error.
>
> Frank

Steve Swift
http://www.swiftys.org.uk

Re: [users@httpd] webserver

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.

On 20/01/12 06:42 AM, Dr. Sunil M. Dogra wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am running webserver on Scientific linux 6.1 (64bit) machine in
>   private network
> "http://myserver.edu.in"
>
> I am able to see this page on server but when open on other machines on
> my private network, it says can't connect to http://server.edu.in
> because it could not find server.
>

> I can ssh to this server, also can copy the file to this server.
>

> any help ???
>

> With Best Regards
> sunil

That's a DNS error.