Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Kays <jt...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/30 15:52:12 UTC

problem running Axis 1.4 samples/security Client

I'm trying to run the security samples with Axis 1.4 and am running into an
error with the Client app. I have ran some of the other samples without
error so I think my setup is good. The error message I'm getting is:

Beginning Client signing...
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.apache.xml.security.utils.IdResolver.isElement(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.utils.IdResolver.getEl(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.IdResolver.getElementBySearching(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.utils.IdResolver.getElementById(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.implementations.ResolverFragment.engineResolve(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.utils.resolver.ResourceResolver.resolve(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.getContentsBeforeTransformation(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.dereferenceURIandPerformTransforms(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.calculateDigest(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference.generateDigestValue(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xml.security.signature.Manifest.generateDigestValues(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.xml.security.signature.XMLSignature.sign(Unknown
Source)
        at
samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.init(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:154)
        at
samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.<init>(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:108)
        at samples.security.Client.main(Client.java:40)
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.init(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:172)
        at
samples.security.SignedSOAPEnvelope.<init>(SignedSOAPEnvelope.java:108)
        at samples.security.Client.main(Client.java:40)

It looks like a problem with the keystore? I verified the keystore is in the
correct directory and that the Client app has the correct name, alias and
password. I am running on Windows XP, Tomcat 6.0 and Java 1.6. Any help is
greatly appreciated!

  jeff