Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org> on 2012/03/01 17:19:20 UTC

Publishing taglibs mini-site

Is there any information lying around on how to update the taglibs site?

Is taglibs-parent/site.xml actually used or is everything in the site module?

What's the process for publishing? Where does it deploy to? Is a vote needed before push? Do we want to preview changes online or is a review based on local build enough?

Thanks
Jeremy

Re: Publishing taglibs mini-site

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/3/3 Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>:
> Thanks Olivier. Based on this, this is my suggestion for taglibs:
>
> Remove the site entries from the parent project so we don't impact taglib modules when the site content changes.
> Make the site module responsible for the top-level site (o.a.t/taglibs) and each taglib (currently standard and rdc) for its own sub-section.
> Each version of a taglib (including SNAPSHOT) has its own mini-site.

Good plan !

> The site module is not versioned and contain's frequently changing content (like news, ApacheCon promos) - frequently being anything changing quicker than releases - currently every 8 years or so :)
>
> Create a skin for Tomcat that matches the main site and switch from the Commons skin.
>
> I plan to start on this but, fair warning, I have no design skills so it it's likely to look pretty ugly - hopefully someone will step in to help fix.

As  IANAD too (D for designer :-) ), I preferred to to help on a skin
in maven land based on twitter bootstrap and use it for the maven
plugin (see http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-beta-1/)

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.