Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kyle Robinson <KR...@pangaeainc.com> on 2001/03/15 19:40:24 UTC

problem

Got another problem.  I have on a form a select that allows multiple
selections.  However, I am getting a populate error when the multiple values
are stuck into my object.  It is declared as an ArrayList.  Anyone have a
code snippet they can provide to show how this is done?

Kyle Robinson
Systems Consultant
Pangaea Systems Inc.
(250) 360-0111

Re: problem

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
Several examples are in email archives (I have remembered that).

Re: problem

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Kyle Robinson wrote:

> Got another problem.  I have on a form a select that allows multiple
> selections.  However, I am getting a populate error when the multiple values
> are stuck into my object.  It is declared as an ArrayList.  Anyone have a
> code snippet they can provide to show how this is done?

I've had success when I declare the underlying property to be an array,
rather than an ArrayList:

	public String[] getValues();
	public void setValues(String values[]);

Supporting collection types such as List here would be a nice enhancement
for the future, but it doesn't currently work.

> Kyle Robinson
> Systems Consultant
> Pangaea Systems Inc.
> (250) 360-0111