Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by e nio <en...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/31 19:52:38 UTC

Lost in the pipeline - cocoon/documentation

  Am trying to follow the pipelines for cocoon to
display the index.xml, for example when I type on the
browser  http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documentation

I followed it from the main sitemap.xmap -> to a
documentation sitemap.xmap.   I lost track once the
matcher has hit this partof the
documentation/sitemap.xmap:

194  <map:aggregate element="site">
195  <map:part src="cocoon:/book-{1}.xml"/>
196  <map:part src="cocoon:/body-{1}.xml"
label="content"/>

Im not sure what happens when this aggregates. Does
aggregate holds a big file while it compose the parts
and after it the aggregate gets transformed? What does
 the cocoon:/  do?  It seems it jumps to this but can
not confirm:

94   <map:match pattern="**book-**.xml">
95    <map:call resource="book">
96     <map:parameter name="resource" value="{2}" />

Is the first ** same as the second ** sorrounding
**book**.xml ? and the parameter resource={2} is
passed  to whom? is it to line 65?

65  <map:resources>
66   <map:resource name="book">
67    <map:generate src="xdocs/{../1}book.xml"/>

Any clarification will help..Thanks.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Re: Lost in the pipeline - cocoon/documentation

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
Hello,

I don't know exactly to which files you refer ( I don't have a Cocoon
installation on this computer), but everything you say seems to be correct.

e nio wrote:
> Am trying to follow the pipelines for cocoon to display the
> index.xml, for example when I type on the browser
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon/documentation
>
> I followed it from the main sitemap.xmap -> to a documentation
> sitemap.xmap.   I lost track once the matcher has hit this partof the
>  documentation/sitemap.xmap:
>
> 194  <map:aggregate element="site"> 195  <map:part
> src="cocoon:/book-{1}.xml"/> 196  <map:part
> src="cocoon:/body-{1}.xml" label="content"/>
>
> Im not sure what happens when this aggregates. Does aggregate holds a
> big file while it compose the parts and after it the aggregate gets
> transformed?

Yes.

> What does the cocoon:/  do?

The pseudo-protocol cocoon:/ starts an internal sitemap request in the
current sitemap, cocoon:// in the root sitemap.

> It seems it jumps to this but can not confirm:
>
> 94   <map:match pattern="**book-**.xml">
> 95    <map:call resource="book">
 > 96     <map:parameter name="resource" value="{2}" />

Yes, it looks so.

> Is the first ** same as the second ** sorrounding **book**.xml?

What do you mean with "same"? ** matches on "everything" including
pseudo directory slashes '/'.
So "**book-**.xml" matches on

test/testbook-test.xml
book-.xml
test/book-test/test.xml

and so on. The first ** in the matcher can be refered by {1}, the second
by {2}.

> and the parameter resource={2} is passed  to whom? is it to line 65?
>
> 65  <map:resources>
 > 66   <map:resource name="book">
 > 67    <map:generate src="xdocs/{../1}book.xml"/>

Again it looks so. {../1} now refers to first ** in the match pattern
above. Also you can refer to the second via {../2}. Or as it is done
above send this parameter via <map:parameter/> and use a new/real name
in the resource with {resource}. I prefer the way using
<map:parameter/>, so you can use the <map:resource/> independently of
the <map:match/> it is called from.

> Any clarification will help..Thanks.

Regards,

Joerg