Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bedrijven.nl" <ma...@bedrijven.nl> on 2004/05/02 17:01:44 UTC

startup script not working

Hi,

I am downloading distribution Tomcat 5.5.7.zip and unzip it. When I try to
run the startup script the CMD prompt window show up, throw an error and
closes automatically. So Anyone know what the error could be?? There is no
errorlog sterr or something else available. Please help!!

Maarten

Re: startup script not working

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <jb...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 2 May 2004 17:01:44 +0200, Bedrijven.nl <ma...@bedrijven.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am downloading distribution Tomcat 5.5.7.zip and unzip it. When I try to
> run the startup script the CMD prompt window show up, throw an error and
> closes automatically. So Anyone know what the error could be?? There is no
> errorlog sterr or something else available. Please help!!

Is your JAVA_HOME environment variable set to the root directory of a
JDK install? Something like C:\JDK_1.4.2_02

Try opening up a command prompt and then running startup.bat from
there so you can see what settings get picked up for your environment
variables.

Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster@kde.org
Personal Site - http://jasonbainbridge.com