Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Nathan Roy <NR...@spheris.com> on 2005/07/18 18:08:19 UTC

The servlet that would not die.

Hi all, my configuration is based on Apache 1.3 using mod_jk connecting to
an ajp13 thread on Tomcat 5.5.

This is the connector port definition I am using in my server.xml:

<Connector port="8009" maxThreads="75" minSpareThreads="10"
maxSpareThreads="15" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="8443"
protocol="AJP/1.3" disableUploadTimeout="false" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

My servlet (I do not own the source code) is randomly getting hung while
servicing requests, but Tomcat will not timeout these threads. I am trying
to get these threads to timeout so that the servlet can continue processing
other requests. When one request fails, I can see all subsequent requests
build up on the Tomcat servlet status page until the queue is full. They are
all stuck in service status (Status S) and just sit there until I restart
Tomcat.

Any ideas?

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

The information in this email, including attachments, may be
confidential and/or privileged and may contain confidential health
information. This email is intended to be reviewed only by the
individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify Spheris immediately--by return
message to the sender or to hipaa@spheris.com -- and destroy all copies
of this message and any attachments. Confidential health information is
protected by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related
regulations.