Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Luigi Bai <lp...@focalpoint.com> on 2004/02/04 17:52:12 UTC

Merging and mime-types

I'd like to propose an extension to merging. I'd like to be able to
register a merge-program for a particular mime-type, which knows how to
take two versions and produce a merged output. In this way, we can start
merging things like OpenOffice documents, which are mostly text, but
which are packaged up in .jar files.

--
<A HREF="http://www.focalpoint.com/">Home Page</A>
education is what's left after what is learned is forgotten.

Re: Merging and mime-types

Posted by SZEKERES Istvan <sz...@pulsussoft.hu>.
The format of jar and zip files are identical, the only difference is
between the extension.

Pista

Re: Merging and mime-types

Posted by Tristan Seligmann <tr...@quotemaster.co.za>.
Luigi Bai wrote:
> I'd like to propose an extension to merging. I'd like to be able to
> register a merge-program for a particular mime-type, which knows how to
> take two versions and produce a merged output. In this way, we can start
> merging things like OpenOffice documents, which are mostly text, but
> which are packaged up in .jar files.

I thought they were packed in zip files; did they change the format?
Anyhow, I second this as a useful feature, we have a lot of binary
database files in our repository, which could be merged quite easily by
a custom application; this has to be done manually atm, which is rather
inconvenient.

--
Tristan Seligmann
Developer / Network Administrator